Gulf Island Fabrication has announced that its Shipyard Division has successfully delivered the M/V Ted C. Litton, a Z-Tech 30-80 Terminal/Escort Tug to Suderman & Young Towing Company.
The M/V Ted C. Litton was designed by Robert Allan Ltd of Vancouver, BC. and built at Gulf Island’s, Jennings, Louisiana facilities. The vessel will be operated by G &H Towing on behalf of Suderman & Young Towing Company. Gulf Island is currently building nine (8) sister vessels that are at various stages of construction.
The M/V Ted C. Litton has the following characteristics:
- Dimensions (Overall): 98’6” x 42’8” x 16’5”
- Total Horsepower: 6,772
- Main Propulsion: 2 X Caterpillar 3516 E “C Rating” Tier 4, 2 X 3386 @ 1800 rpm
- Bollard Pull (tugs): 80 Tonnes
- Z-Drive: 2 X Shottell SRP 510 FP
- Classification/Certification: ABS, A1, AMS, Towing Vessel, Escort, FFV1
(Source: MarineLink by Michelle Howard)