Med Marine delivered 30m and 55 TBP MED-A3055-ICE-SUPER class ASD tugboat, Sulina 2 to AFDJ, Romania. (Administratia Fluviala a Dunarii de Jos RA Galati, a state organization of Ministry of Transport in Romania.)
MED-A3055-ICE-SUPER class tugboat is specially built by Med Marine / Eregli Shipyard engineers according to AFDJ’s operational requirements being mainly in Danube. As part of this, the tug is prepared for IMO Tier III regulations and BV Ice Class 1A Super notation.
Sulina 2 will commence its operations in Danube River.
The tug is fitted with twin Caterpillar 3512C diesels each delivering 1,902 kW, coupled to Schottel SRP460FP fixed pitch ASD units, THR Marine forward and aft winches.
The tug built by Med Marine Turkey, Sulina 2 will patrol on the Danube sector, between Braila (km 175) and Sulina Bar and will contribute to the improvement of the safety and of the security of the maritime ships traffic, through the following activities:
– She will insuring the flowing of the ice pieces, for avoiding formation of ice bridges, which is very dangerous for the ships and could lead to the hydrotechnical constructions.
– She will intervening to release the ships from the ice, for avoiding the risk of their sinking, which could lead to loss of the human lives, goods and present a real pollution danger of the Danube with fuel oil or with their cargo.
– will intervening for helping the ships landed on sand banks on the river.
– firefighting to the other ships and on shore
– assistance and intervention to the ships in the port or anchoring area.
Muhammet Gokhan, Business Development Manager of Med Marine said:
“We are happy to have completed the high quality tugboat and successfully delivered Sulina 2 to AFDJ to their satisfaction and appreciate their trust in Med Marine especially during these difficult times affecting all sectors on a global scale. I believe this will constitute a long term relationship between AFDJ and Med Marine.”
LENGTH OVERALL: 30,00m
EXTREME BEAM (INCLUDING FENDERS): 10,50m
DEPTH MOULDED: 4,85m
GROSS TONNAGE: <375GT